Monday 31 October 2011

Dundee Comic Prize Runner Up

I've known for a few weeks now, and I think that I'm allowed to tell you, that I am a runner up in the Dundee Comic Prize. The presentation took place yesterday but unfortunately I was unable to attend because I had work to do. My entry, Jack The Robot, was joint runner-up with three other entries which, as far as I am concerned, puts us all in joint second place.

Two of the strips will appear in in print in a DC Thompson title, probably The Beano or The Dandy; the winning entry and one of the runner-up entries. Unfortunately, it isn't mine. This means that even when, technically, my strip is free to them, The Beano or The Dandy still refuse to publish my work! Sheesh! I'm not gonna have to pay them, am I?

You can read Jack The Robot here.

2 comments: